BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

quinta-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2010

the things we do for love...

Sometimes I have a weird period of niceness,where I do what other people want without any aparent reason.I mean,most of the time I stick for what I want and I usually get.It's just the way spoiled little brats like me bahave,we're used to winning.

Well,the thing is,sometimes,what you want may hurt other people's feelings and I may confess that most of the time it doesn't really stop me,but every once in a while it hurts too much to think of hurting someone and sometimes it makes me give up of whatever my plans are,and that's just plain love.It's the only thing that can make someone so driven like me stop on my tracks,back down,give up...whatever you wanna call it.
It's a bit painful to think about the oportunity I lost and that it may never come back to me again,but I would probably be feeling worse if I had stick with it.And I know my attitude indicates changes,I know that it means that I'm growing up,that I'm maturing and caring about other people's feelings and sometimes,even putting them before me.I guess that's what it means to be good person,even if right now,I'm a mess of a feelings.

The funny this is I never thought this day would come.In me head,it seemed so impossible and somehow so wrong to put someone's feelings before my will.I always believed I should do what I wanted to,that was my idea of freedom,never caring about anything.
Turns out I was wrong.I mean,freedom is such a hard thing to find...you may have indepencence from your parents,you may have enough money to raise your children and never needing anyone,but somehow,you're always stuck to something.Your responsabilities,a person you can't let go off,or your insecurities.
I'm all about reputation.I may not want to admit it,but I care about what people say about me.I'm all about the perfect outfit and the perfect speech.I'm the one who needs expensive gifts all the time to take the place of other things I do not have.
Maybe I just took too long to see what the real world looks like.Life is supposed to be messy and complicated,and sometimes,I won't even come close of getting what I want.And sometimes,I'll have to choose between hurting someone and hurting myself and that's just the way it is,every once in a while,you have to roll with the punches or take the fall.
And you know,as sad as I am right now with my decision,I'm glad I made it,maybe I'm finally learning something,maybe I'm learning how to take my responsabilities and that's kind of a relief.I guess it was about time.




0 comentários: